Thursday, 28 August 2014

Not dead – just reloading!

Hello again everyone

Finally I have found the time to make an update for the blog. It’s been a great summer with a lot of new things happening so the hobby haven’t gotten as much time as it deserves. But still I have gotten a little work done.

I have painted a tzeentch daemon army for a friend, I haven’t found the time to take pictures, but it is turquoise, purple and green. Basically very colourful! I will see if I can get the chance to snap some pictures of the army, but I’m not promising anything.

Besides the daemons I have kept working on my Menites. Not a lot has happened, but a lot of key pieces has gotten some paint.

One of the first projects I starte on was actually the Avatar of Menoth. I done a little conversion job with some help from GR, but I had a hard time getting my self motivated for the painting, but since it is properly going to be in one of my lists for the upcoming Masters tournament next month it had to be done.



One of my friends backed the kickstarter for the warmachine computer game, but he doesn’t play Protectorate of Menoth so I was so lucky to get my hands on Tristan Durant that way. I’m very excited about Tristan since I enjoy running jacks and he makes it possible for some of the low focus casters in the faction to get one more in the list.

Didn’t get a good picture of Tristan, but I will get one next time I get the chance

Tristan has Fortify, which I find very interesting for scenario play, so I decided to paint up a Templar. Simply putting it in a zone with fortify on and Tristan camping way back will do great job a denying my opponents some CP. I is also a great target for blazing effigy from pFeora how haven’t really got enough focus to both give is a charge an some extra swings with beat back and casting the spell.



I also finished my vigilant. It’s been in my pFeora lists to protect my daughters against blasts. I’m planning to have my Bastion Seneschal run it, since I have had a hard time keeping it in pFeoras control area.



Since I been playing pFeora I gotten my hands on some cleansers and I have painted up a minimum group. I got a full unit and also the UA, but I haven’t really gotten my self around to painting the rest since I have a hard time seeing were I would find the points for this 10 point unit.



Besides the cleansers some more flameguards need paint, and last night I finished a full unit of Temple Flameguards, now only needing to finish their UA. I think they can be a great speedbump and I think they will find their way into some eSeverius and Kreoss3, since they are a good target for Holy Ward, bring them up to def 17 againt charge attacks.



Next up is some new war casters Thyra and The High Reclaimer





I haven’t gotten around to playing either of the two, but I am hoping to get around to it next week. I will return with my findings

Since I started playing Reznik I painted up a single wrack for him to create doing games, but I have gotten around to finishing the last two. We all now they are great



I also worked on some mercs, but my pictures didn’t turn out all that well. I painted Gorman, Saxon and the lovely Lady Aiyana and Master Holt. Only the pics of that last two turned out well, so here they are.



And what is next? I’m working on my Vessel of Judgement, hoping to finish it today. Further down the road is a second unit of bastions, some forgeguard and a lot more.

/Johan


1 comment:

  1. Hey! Was wondering where the rest of you guys where at :)

    Truly great update even though I don't play warma/hordes! Got any pics if the daemons? Would love to see them to.

    t

    ReplyDelete