Thursday, 28 September 2017

Very small update - but I think I've finally got the paint scheme down.

I apologise for the lack of updates recently, but I've been incredibly busy with work, music, in-laws visit, etc.

Still, I think I've finally managed to get the paint scheme for the army down; I've been through 10+ testers, and not really being satisfied with any of them. However, I saw this pic online:


... And it inspired me. It has the cold, otherworldly feel of something utterly wrong, and being light enough to "pop out" on the tabletop, while still feeling dark. 

I won't go so far as to say that I've nailed it, but I think my version looks pretty good, is not to difficult/time consuming to paint, and has some of the feel of the image: 


 I apologise my mittens getting in on the pic - for some reason this colour scheme is very hard to photograph.


3 comments: